Meeting Minutes - August 5, 1999
State S./Central Neighborhood Association
August 5, 1999 Houghton Fire Station
recorded by Roseanne Winters Secretary
• Treasurer’s report not available
• New Business: Mark McDonald of 3rd Ave S brought a parking overflow situation in his neighborhood to the attention of the group. Many shoppers and visitors to Kirkland are parking in this neighborhood to access the downtown area. These additional cars are creating congestion, unsafe traffic, as well as simply being unsightly. Next steps: a separate meeting between SSCNA chair and 3rd Ave S representatives will take place in order to initiate petitions from the neighbors for speed bumps and to draft a letter making the City re-aware of the situation.
• No new business re: Westwater Development
• Betty Morgan reported briefly on a study session re: Forbes Lake Area. No major news to report.
• No report available on 85th St. Corridor developments.
• Good Feedback was reported on our First Annual Neighborhood Picnic. Thanks to all who made this possible!
• Kirkland Vista Plaza update: The hearing examiners’ decision recommending 54 cars in the visitor parking lot off 7th Ave South with monitoring to determine if this should be increased or lowered was discussed. The following was decided by the group:
• Motion to appeal hearing examiner’s decision was approved. Rosie, Dan and John will submit prior to the approaching deadline.
• An invitation to the City Manager to attend one of our meetings will be extended. Betty will pursue with Kari Page.
• Steps will be taken to make City Council aware of the effect this decision will have upon the neighborhood. Trudy will work with Kari to gain contact information.
• Eastside Journal has asked for an interview re: our position on this decision. Dan will contact them to report on our concerns.
• Speed Bump Petitions need to be started for 7th Ave S, 6th Ave S and 5th Ave S. Givhan will contact Tony Mazella to make him aware that we are beginning this process.
Next meeting was set for Sept 9 at 7pm at Fire Station (note: this was later changed to 9/2)
Comments are closed.