1. Lake Street Pedestrian Scramble
presented by Christian Knight, Community Engagement Coordinator
The City of Kirkland received two grants for this $3.6 million project. The state department of commerce awarded it $1,000,000, the federal government gave it $1,003,000. Kirkland taxpayers' share of that is $1,915,000
2. Moss Bay Board Election and Survey Results
Official Approved Board for 2024
Chair: Alex Chen
Treasurer: Leslie Keller
Member at large: Bea Nahon
Member at large: Jeanne Large
Member at large: Don Winters
Member at large: Brenda Nunes
Member at large: Sue Contreras
Member at large: Taylor Oiness
3. Update on the November 2023 city elections
4. Kirkland Police Updates presented by Lt Troy Knafla, KPD
5. Neighborhood Safety Program 2024 Kick-off presented by Don Winters, Neighborhood NSP Coordinator
Send suggestions by Dec 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sept 23 Agenda and notes
Forum on ballot measure Kirkland Proposition #1
Kirkland Proposition 1 on the November 7, 2023 Ballot, presented by Lynn Zwaagstra :Parks and Community Services Director
For elections info: kingcounty.gov/elections
For ballot measure info: www.kirklandwa.gov/parksballot or email: email@example.com
City-Appointed “Pro" Committee, presented by Susan Pappalardo
For info or questions:YES on Kirkland Proposition #1 (kirklandpoolsnparks.org) or emai: firstname.lastname@example.org
City-Appointed “Con" Committee, presented by Ken Mackenzie
For info or questions: goodkirkland.org (under development) or email: email@example.com
An overview of the latest developments in our neighborhood's real estate landscape. presented by Brenda Nunes. To register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/unlocking-your-homes-true-worth-tickets-718847420987?aff=oddtdtcreator
Park Lane Update : presented by Bea Nahon
Nov City Council Candidate forum:
Kirkland Alliance of Neighborhoods hosting a virtual forum for the city council candidates on
Saturday October 14 from 2PM until 4PM.
Submit neighborhood questions to: KANCandidateForum@gmail.com
Come join the board - upcoming elections for the Moss Bay Board
Send questions or apply : firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Sept 30
Next happy hour Oct 9th Details to follow
Agenda Items and Links
1. Proposed ballot measure for expanded aquatics, parks, open spaces and recreational opportunities in Kirkland.
Take the Survey - https://cityofkirkland.research.net/r/SurveyKirklandParks.
2. Houghton Village development planning update.
3. Lake St Pedestrian Scramble project update
4. 'Welcome to Kirkland' mural project on Lake St.
Shout out to Don Winters who shepherded our project applications and our project on Lake Street was selected to be implemented.
Agenda Items and links:
1. Discussion on the closure of Park Lane to traffic.
Guest Speaker: Jim Lopez
Park Lane – City of Kirkland (kirklandwa.gov)
Guest Speaker: Kirkland Greenways: Brad Weed
City of Kirkland's retail GSI woonerf from Kas Kinkead-Cdc .
Park Lane Design
Downtown Colville Parklets Project
Guest Speaker: Downtown Kirkland Alliance: Andrea Christensen
Main Street is a Movement
Contact: Sheila Cloney <email@example.com>
2. City of Kirkland Finance will provide an explanation on how property taxes are calculated based on appraised home values.
Budget Information – City of Kirkland (kirklandwa.gov)
3. Updates on the Parks Funding Exploratory Committee's progress and plans for future steps.
Parks 2023 Ballot Measure Initiative – City of Kirkland (kirklandwa.gov)
Moss Bay Neighborhood Meeting Jan 2023
Agenda and links:
Kirkland Planning: Comprehensive Plan : Plan details and survey link
Kirkland Police Department : Crime map and alert subscription
Neighborhood Safety Program : The process of new project selection
Parks Funding Exploratory Committee : All materials presented to date
November Meeting recording
Agenda and links
1. Board Election and Survey Results
2. Hopelink presentation (postponed)
3. Kirkland Community Center programs overview
- Reservations: https://www.kirklandwa.gov/.../Peter-Kirk-Community-Center
- Online Recreation Guide https://secure.rec1.com/WA/city-of-kirkland/catalog
4. Kirkland Police - update on vehicle noise initiatives
- Online Police Report https://www.kirklandwa.gov/.../File-an-Online-Police-Report
5. Neighborhood Safety Program update
6. Recent Neighborhood Construction Updates
7. Quiet Clean Kirkland presentation
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to join the email group
Sept 2022 Neighborhood Meeting
Agenda, links and contacts from the meeting:
1. Housing initiatives from City Council
5. City Hall for All
8. Neighborhood Safety Program Updates
9. Moss Bay Association Board Elections
Our first meeting of Fall is scheduled for 7:00 pm Sept 12.
agenda and meeting link now live
Neighborhood May Meeting
Agenda and Links:
1. Quiet Clean Kirkland Initiative;
Contact: William Jones, email@example.com
2. NE 85th Street Station Area plan updates ;
Contact: Allison Zike, firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Open House May 18th 5:30pm
3. Emergency Preparedness in Moss Bay;
https://www.kirklandwa.gov/.../Fire.../Emergency-Management Here's the main page for Kirkland EM!
https://public.govdelivery.com/.../WAKIRK/subscriber/new... Link to sign up to the newsletter
King County Alert: www.kingcounty.gov/ALERTS
4. King County Library human services and programs overview;
Contact: Sarah Hunt, email@example.com
5. Catalytic Converter Theft initiatives from Kirkland Police
6. Anti-Idling Public Awareness Campaign;
Susan Vossler; firstname.lastname@example.org
Judith Beto; email@example.com
Jeanne Large; firstname.lastname@example.org
City Contact: Sierra Ohlsen, email@example.com
7. Community Van program from Kirkland and King County Metro
Contact: Blair Daly firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-587-3924.
Agenda and links: